Sunday 26 March 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tennessee Williams and Bernard Katz.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by William Humphrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 March 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1911!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1911 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Tennessee Williams: American writer, poet, and outstanding playwright most noted for his powerful, emotional and dramatic works, "The Glass Menagerie," 1945, "A Streetcar Named Desire," 1947, "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," 1955, and "The Night of the Iguana," 1961.
- Bernard Katz: German-English biophysicist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2003).
- Lennart Atterwall: Swedish javelin thrower (d. 2001).
- J Austin: English philosopher and academic (d. 1960).
- T Hee: American animator and director (d. 1988).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Tickle Toes - American Quartet