Monday 27 March 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include M Sitaramiah and Viola Keats.
Hamlet, directed by William G.B. Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Broad Highway by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1911!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1911 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- M Sitaramiah: Indian astrologer.
- Viola Keats: Scottish-English actress (d. 1998).
- Norman Livermore: American baseball player and environmentalist (d. 2006).
- John Stow: Barbadian politician (d. 1997).
- Franc Rozman: Slovenian general (d. 1944).
- Veronika Tushnova: Russian poet and physician (d. 1965)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Tickle Toes - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?