Saturday 8 May 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mario Nardone and John Archer (actor).
The Eagle's Nest, directed by Edwin Arden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while Michael O'Halloran by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1915 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Mario Nardone: Italian police commissioner.
- John Archer (actor)
- Arvid Fladmoe: Norwegian, violinist, conductor, and composer.
- Francois Penfentenyo: France Military man.
- Ren? Boudet: Beaussault EXecutives.
- John Archer: Osceola, Nebraska -- Actor (Destination: Moon).
- Milton Meltzer: American historian and author (d. 2009).
- Aldo Fiorelli: Italian actor who appeared in around thirty films between 1938 and 1960.
- Henry McNeal Turner 1 US black army chaplain: dies at age 82.
- 41st Kentucky Derby: Joe Notter aboard Regret wins in 2:05.4.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1915 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Star-Spangled Banner - Margaret Woodrow Wilson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?