Saturday 22 May 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Four Feathers, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while Michael O'Halloran by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1915!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1915 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 May
- Local train collides with troop train killing 226 (Gretna Scotland).
- Lassen Peak erupts with a powerful force, and is the only mountain other than Mount St. Helens to erupt in the continental US during the 20th century.
- Three trains collide in the Quintinshill rail crash near Gretna Green, Scotland, killing 227 people and injuring 246; the accident is found to be the result of non-standard operating practices during a shift change at a busy junction.
- The Quintinshill railway disaster in Scotland leaves more than 200 dead.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm On My Way to Dublin Bay - Peerless Quartet
- Sweet Kentucky Lady (Dry Your Eyes) - Harry Macdonough
- I Want to Linger - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?