Saturday 15 May 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul A Samuelson economist (1970 Nobel and Maurice B.
The Middleman, directed by George Loane Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1915!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1915 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Paul A Samuelson economist (1970 Nobel: 1947 John Bates Clark Medal).
- Maurice B: Latey commentator (BBC World Service).
- Mario Monicelli: Italian director and screenwriter (d. 2010).
- Jens Hauge: Norwegian lawyer, resistance fighter, cabinet minister, and industrialist.
- Albert Lenormand: La Roche-Vineuse Painters.
- Hilda Bernstein: English-born South African author, artist, and activist (Born 1915)
- Paul Samuelson: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2009)
- Henrik Sandberg: Danish production manager and producer (d. 1993)
- Gus Viseur: Belgian-French accordion player (Quintette du Hot Club de France) (d. 1974)
- AT&T becomes 1st corporation to have 1 million stockholders
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 May 1915
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Want to Go to Tokio - Prince's Orchestra
- Everybody Rag with Me - George O'Connor
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?