Saturday 15 May 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Albert Lenormand and Gus Viseur.
The Tramp, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1915!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1915 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Albert Lenormand: La Roche-Vineuse Painters.
- Gus Viseur: Belgian-French accordion player (Quintette du Hot Club de France) (d. 1974).
- Mario Monicelli: Italian director and screenwriter (d. 2010).
- Jens Hauge: Norwegian lawyer, resistance fighter, cabinet minister, and industrialist.
- Paul A Samuelson economist (1970 Nobel: 1947 John Bates Clark Medal).
- Paul Samuelson: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2009).
- Henrik Sandberg: Danish production manager and producer (d. 1993).
- Hilda Bernstein: English-born South African author, artist, and activist (Born 1915).
- Maurice B: Latey commentator (BBC World Service).
- AT&T becomes 1st corporation to have 1 million stockholders
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Everybody Rag with Me - George O'Connor
- I Want to Go to Tokio - Prince's Orchestra