Saturday 3 May 1941US date format: 5/3/1941, UK date format: 3/5/1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 3, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edward ''Monk'' Malloy and Paul Darrow.
I'll Wait for You, directed by Robert B. Sinclair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1941 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Paul Darrow: Actor.
- Edward ''Monk'' Malloy: American university president.
- Richard Robinson: Mount Holly sports Champions.
- Alexander Harley: English general.
- Edward Malloy: American priest and academic.
- 67th Kentucky Derby: Eddie Arcaro aboard Whirlaway wins in 2:01.4.