Wednesday 3 November 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James "Scotty" Barrett Reston and James Reston.
Der kleine Detektiv, directed by Heinrich Bolten-Baeckers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1909!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1909 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- James "Scotty" Barrett Reston: Clydebank, Scotland -- Journalist (NY Times).
- James Reston: Scottish-American author, journalist, columnist, correspondent and Executive Director of The New York Times.
- Robert Herland: France sport Champion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1909 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- The Traveling Man - Nat Wills
- I Wish I Had My Old Gal Back Again - Manuel Romain
- Cupid's Telephone - Frank Stanley
- Up, Up, Up in My Aeroplane - Haydn Quartet
- My Wife's Gone to the Country, Hurrah! Hurrah! - Bob Roberts
- The Billiken Man - Blanche Ring
- Mister Othello - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?