Friday 26 November 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eugene Ionesco and Eugène Ionesco.
John Farley's Redemption, directed by Victorin-Hippolyte Jasset, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1909!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1909 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Eugene Ionesco: Romanian-born French playwright (d. 1994).
- Eugène Ionesco: Romanian writer, a playwright whose plays have been translated and staged all over the world.
- Fritz Buchloh: German football player and coach (Born 1909).
- Frances Dee: American actress and singer (d. 2004).
- Sigma Alpha Mu is founded in the City College of New York by 8 Jewish young men.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When I Dream in the Gloaming of You - Walter Van Brunt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?