Friday 26 November 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 26, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eugène Ionesco and Frances Dee.
The Game, directed by nbcu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 November 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1909!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1909 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Eugène Ionesco: Romanian writer, a playwright whose plays have been translated and staged all over the world.
- Frances Dee: American actress and singer (d. 2004).
- Eugene Ionesco: Romanian-born French playwright (d. 1994).
- Fritz Buchloh: German football player and coach (Born 1909).
- Sigma Alpha Mu is founded in the City College of New York by 8 Jewish young men.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1909 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- When I Dream in the Gloaming of You - Harry Tally
- Red Head - Ada Jones
- Gems from The Prince of To-Night - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Sweetheart's a Pretty Name When It's Y-O-U - Peerless Quartet
- Lonesome - Byron G. Harlan
- The Last Rose of Summer - Elizabeth Wheeler