Thursday 18 November 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Noret and Johnny Mercer.
John Farley's Redemption, directed by Victorin-Hippolyte Jasset, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while Katrine Elinor by Macartney Lane was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1909!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1909 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Jean Noret: France sport Champion.
- Johnny Mercer: American singer-songwriter and producer co-founded Capitol Records (d. 1976).
- Renee Vivien: English-born French poet (Born 1877).
- US invades Nicaragua, later overthrows President Zelaya.
- Two United States warships are sent to Nicaragua after 500 revolutionaries (including two Americans) are executed by order of Jose Santos Zelaya.
- In Nicaragua 500 revolutionaries (including 2 Americans) are executed by order of dictator José Santos Zelaya. The United States responds by sending 2 warships.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?