Tuesday 2 November 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Der kleine Detektiv, directed by Heinrich Bolten-Baeckers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1909!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1909 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 November
- Theodor W Ahlwardt: German orientalist, dies at 81.
- Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity is founded at Boston University.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1909 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- The Traveling Man - Nat Wills
- I Wish I Had My Old Gal Back Again - Manuel Romain
- Cupid's Telephone - Frank Stanley
- Up, Up, Up in My Aeroplane - Haydn Quartet
- My Wife's Gone to the Country, Hurrah! Hurrah! - Bob Roberts
- The Billiken Man - Blanche Ring
- Mister Othello - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?