Thursday 11 November 1909, Veteran's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Ryan and Piero Scotti.
A Panicky Picnic, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1909!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1909 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Robert Ryan: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Billy Budd, Dirty Dozen, Longest Day).
- Piero Scotti: Italian race car driver (d. 1976).
- Construction of navy base at Pearl Harbor begins