Tuesday 9 November 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Douglas [Finlayson] and Hendrik van Randwijk.
A Panicky Picnic, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1909!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1909 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Hendrik van Randwijk: Dutch author / founder (Vrij Netherland).
- Robert Douglas [Finlayson]: Bletchley, England -- Actor (Adventures of Don Juan).
- Vilhelm Evang: Norwegian military officer.
- Luigi Faggioni: Italy Military man.
- André Clot: Grenoble Journalist.