Tuesday 9 November 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 9, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Douglas [Finlayson] and Hendrik van Randwijk.
Les surprises de l'amour, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1909!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1909 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Hendrik van Randwijk: Dutch author / founder (Vrij Netherland).
- Robert Douglas [Finlayson]: Bletchley, England -- Actor (Adventures of Don Juan).
- Vilhelm Evang: Norwegian military officer.
- Luigi Faggioni: Italy Military man.
- André Clot: Grenoble Journalist.