Tuesday 3 September 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 3, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sadhguru and Benoît Potier.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
The Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Blue Camellia by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Open House.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 September 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1957 ?
- Benoît Potier
- Earl Cureton: American basketball player, forward.
- Steve Schirripa: American actor and producer.
- Garth Ancier: American television executive.
- Dodgers play last game in Jersey City (11-4 in NJ)
- KTCA TV channel 2 in St. Paul-Minneapolis, MN (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Warren Spahn sets record for a lefty pitcher with 41st shut-out.
- The Wolfenden report on homosexuality is published in the United Kingdom.
- American Civil Rights Movement ndash Little Rock Crisis: Governor Orville Faubus of Arkansas calls out the US National Guard, to prevent African-American students from enrolling in Central High School in Little Rock.
- The Ford Motor Company introduces the Edsel on what the company proclaims as ampquotE Dayampquot.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?