Monday 4 May 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Emmanuel Roblès and Raymond Bloch.
Spartacus, directed by Giovanni Enrico Vidali, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while T. Tembarom by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1914 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Emmanuel Roblès: Algerian-French novelist and playwright.
- Raymond Bloch
- Maedayama Eigoro: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 39th Yokozuna (d. 1971).
- Francis Barbu: French Catholic bishop, who served as Bishop of Quimper and Léon from 1968 to 1989.
- Jean Fournier: France sport Champion.
- Emmanuel Robles: France Writer.
- Maedayama Eigorō: Japanese sumo wrestler the 39th Yokozuna (d. 1971).
- Abdel Karim Kassem: General / Premier / Dictator of Iraq (1958-63).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Darktown Poker Club - Bert Williams
- Nearer My God to Thee - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?