Monday 4 August 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ali al-Sistani and Jeanne Carmen.
Danger Lights, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1930 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Ali al-Sistani: Iranian-Iraqi cleric and scholar.
- Jeanne Carmen
- David M G Curry: South African Labour Party parliament leader.
- John Gorman: Printer / socialist historian.
- Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani: Iranian Shi'a cleric.
- Emile Marzé: Menton Painters.
- Child labor laws estralished in Belgium