Sunday 4 August 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Emile Zuccarelli and Abdurrahman Wahid.
The Return of Frank James, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1940 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Emile Zuccarelli
- Abdurrahman Wahid
- Timi Yuro: American singer (d. 2004).
- Robin Harper: Scottish academic and politician.
- Karel Vachek: Director (Moravska Hellas, Elective Affinities).
- Frances Stewart: English economist and academic.
- Yuro: American singer-songwriter (d. 2004).
- Larry Knechtel: American bass player and pianist (Bread and The Wrecking Crew) (d. 2009).
- Rosemarie "Timi" Yuro: US singer (Hurt).
- Vladimir Jabotinsky: Founder of Revisionist Zionism.
- Gen. John J. Pershing, in a nationwide radio broadcast, urges all-out aid to Britain in order to defend the Americas, while Charles Lindbergh speaks to an isolationist rally at Soldier Field in Chicago.