Sunday 4 August 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kishore Kumar and Andre Sanac.
Say It with Songs, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1929 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
Famous Birthdays:04 August
- Indians, in 9th with 2 outs score 9 to beat Yanks 14-6
- Jones Beach in New York opens