Wednesday 4 July 1928, US Independence DayUS date format: 7/4/1928, UK date format: 4/7/1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 4, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Giampiero Boniperti and Lloyd Lambert.
City Slickers, directed by mgm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 July 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1928 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Giampiero Boniperti: Italian footballer and politician.
- Lloyd Lambert: Bassist.
- Patrick Tilley: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (1st Family, Blood River).
- Paul de Wispelaere: Flemish writer / essayist / critic.
- Stephen Boyd [William Millar]: Ireland -- Actor (Fantastic Voyage, Ben-Hur).
- Cathy Berberian: Armenia -- US singer.
- Eric Dampierre: French ethnologist.
- Gian Boniperti: Italy sport Champion.
- Shan Ratnam: Sri Lankan physician and academic (d. 2001).
- Chuck Tanner: American baseball player and manager (d. 2011).
- Yvonne Botto: French woman, also known as Ivonna-Botto-Shirmammadova, living in Azerbaijan since 1947 who met French President François Hollande during his Caucasus visit in May 2014.