Wednesday 4 January 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ann Magnuson in Charleston and Barney Sumner.
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chevron Hall of Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1956 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Ann Magnuson in Charleston: West Virginia, USA; actress (Anything But Love, Hunger).
- Barney Sumner: rock guitarist/vocalist (New Order - "Blue Monday").
- Bernard Albrecht: English pop guitarist (Joy Division).
- Nels Cline: American guitarist and songwriter (Wilco).
- Ann Magnuson: American actress and performance artist.
- Sarojini Sahoo: Indian journalist author and poet
- Bernard Sumner: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Joy Division New Order Electronic and Bad Lieutenant)
- Alexander Tikhonovich Grechaninov, Russian/American composer, dies at age 91.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock
- Johnnie Ray - Just Walkin' In The Rain
- Frankie Vaughan - The Green Door
- Guy Mitchell - Singing The Blues
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Frank Sinatra - Love And Marriage
- Malcolm Vaughan - St Therese Of The Roses
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rip It Up
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock-A-Beatin' Boogie
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?