Saturday 4 June 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 4, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Shaitan, directed by Bejoy Nambiar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Division.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn or don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 June 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 4 June 2011 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 June
- Chile's Puyehue volcano erupts, causing air traffic cancellations across South America, New Zealand, Australia and forcing over 3,000 people to evacuate.
- Arab Spring:
- NATO begins using attack helicopters for the first time in air operations over Libya. (NATO)
- The Syrian human rights group Sawasiah claims that at least 63 protestors were killed on Friday. (Reuters via Haaretz)
- Yemeni uprising:
- Several senior Yemeni officials injured in yesterday's attacks are taken to Saudi Arabia for treatment. (Reuters)
- President Ali Abdullah Saleh is also flown to Saudi Arabia for treatment after being wounded. (BBC)
- Russia evacuates its diplomats from the capital Sana'a. (UPI)
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon urges dialogue in Bahrain after protests. (UPI)
- At least seven people are killed in an exchange of fire between pro-government forces and mutineering soldiers in Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina Faso. (BBC)
- North Sudan dismisses calls by the United Nations Security Council to leave the disputed Abyei region on the border with South Sudan. (Reuters)
- Tens of thousands of people gather in Hong Kong to remember the victims of the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests. (''Times of India'')
- Two terrorist suspects wanted in connection with the shooting of two Indonesian police officers are killed in a raid in Poso, Central Sulawesi. (''Jakarta Post'')
- Senior Islamic militant Ilyas Kashmiri, the leader of Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami, is killed in a US drone attack in South Waziristan in Pakistan. (Al Jazeera)
- Bangladesh receives a loan from the World Bank to strengthen regional co-operation on wildlife protection. (''Straits Times'')
- The Philippines accuses China of intimidating rival claimants to areas of the South China Sea, and violating its territorial waters. (AFP via Google News)
- Japan and the People's Republic of China agree to resume defense relationships suspended since a disagreement over the Senkaku Islands. (NHK World)
- The Cairo Criminal Court sentences former finance minister Youssef Boutros Ghali to 30 years imprisonment ''in absentia'' for abuse of power. (Xinhua)
- Indian guru Swami Ramdev starts a hunger strike against corruption in the Government with thousands joining in but the camp is broken up. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Former United States Secretary of State Lawrence Eagleburger dies. (AP via MSNBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 4 June 2011
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Albacete - Huesca : 3 - 1
- Betis - Villarreal B : 2 - 1
- Celta - Cartagena : 3 - 0
- Elche - Xerez : 4 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Racks - YC Featuring Future
- Hustle Hard - Ace Hood
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
Top #10 Latin songs
- You - Romeo Santos
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- El Ardido - Larry Hernandez
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?