Sunday 31 March 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 31, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kent (singer) and Michael Lehmann.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Butterfly by Andy Williams.
In UK Young Love by Tab Hunter was in the top 5 hits.
12 Angry Men, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Crisis Of The Old Order by Arthur Schlesinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Living It Up.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 March 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1957 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Kent (singer)
- Michael Lehmann: Director.
- Marc McClure in San Mateo: California, USA; actor (Ross - California Fever).
- Patrick G Forrester in El Paso: Texas, USA; Lieutenant Colonel Army/astronaut.
- Paul Reiser: Comedian.
- Alan Duncan: English businessman and politician Shadow Leader of the House of Commons.
- Marc McClure: American actor.
- Mary Cadorette in East Hartford: Connecticut, USA; actress (Vicky - Three's a Crowd).
- Gene Lockhart: American actor (Going My Way), dies at age 65.
- Elections to the Territorial Assembly of the French colony Upper Volta are held. After the elections PDU and MDV form a government.
- Rodgers and Hammerstein's ''Cinderella'', the team's only musical written especially for television, is telecast live and in color by CBS, starring Julie Andrews in the title role. The production is seen by millions, but this 1957 version is not to be telecast again for more than 40 years, when a kinescope of it is shown.
- April ndash IBM sells the first compiler for the FORTRAN scientific programming language.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?