Wednesday 27 March 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nicholas Hawkins and Billy MacKenzie.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Butterfly by Andy Williams.
12 Angry Men, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while A Study Of History by Arnold J. Toynbee was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hawkeye and the Last of the Mohicans.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1957 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Nicholas Hawkins: British Member of Parliament.
- Billy MacKenzie: rock vocalist (The Associates - "Affectionate Punch").
- Billy Mackenzie: Scottish rock musician, a songwriter and lead singer for The Associates.
- Nick Hawkins: English lawyer and politician.
- Konstantin Kokora: Russian figure skater.
- Kostas Vasilakakis: Greek footballer and football manager
- 29th Academy Awards: Around World in 80 Days, Yul Brynner, and Ingrid Bergman win.
- The 29th Academy Awards ceremony is held.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?