Wednesday 20 March 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 20, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Spike Lee and Elisabeth Bourgine.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
The Tall T, directed by Budd Boetticher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Last Parallel by Martin Russ was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Together Again.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 March 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1957 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Spike Lee: Director.
- Elisabeth Bourgine
- Theresa Russell: American actress.
- Jean Castaneda: French football player of Spanish descent, he played for A.S.
- Elizabeth Bourgine: French actress, she won the Romy Schneider Prize in 1985.
- Vanessa Calloway: American actress dancer and producer.
- Douglas Wood: Writer.
- Chris Wedge: American animator producer screenwriter and voice actor.
- David Foster: Australian wood chopper.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway: American actress.
- Spike Lee in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; director (Mo Better Blues, Jungle Fever, Malcolm X).
- Theresa Russell [Paup] in San Diego: California, USA; actress (Black Widow, Straight Time, Razor's Edge).
- Britain accepts NATO offer to mediate in Cyprus, but Greece rejects it.
- The French newspaper ''L'Express'' reveals that the French army tortures Algerian prisoners.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?