Saturday 5 August 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nicola Pende and Christopher Gunning.
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Missus Goes A-Shopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1944!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1944 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
Famous Birthdays:05 August
- Maurice Turnbull: English cricketer (Born 1906).
- US 79th / 90th division occupy Laval / Mayenne
- US troops occupy Vannes Bretagne
- Holocaust: Polish insurgents liberate a German labor camp in Warsaw, freeing 348 Jewish prisoners.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Time Waits For No One - Helen Forrest
- It Had To Be You - Betty Hutton
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?