Monday 7 August 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Glover in Kingston and Robert Mueller.
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Missus Goes A-Shopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1944!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1944 ?
- John Glover in Kingston: New York, USA; actor (52 Pick-Up, Something Special).
- Robert Mueller: American FBI chief who took over his post and 9/04/2001.
- John Glover: American actor and singer.
- David Rasche: St. Louis, Missouri -- Actor (Sledge Hammer).
- Anton de Kom arrested by Surinam resistance fighter
- Canada / Polish offensive direction Falaise: Total Cooperation
- German counter attack at Avranches fails
- July 20th Plot trial under Roland Freis in Berlin begins
- US 3rd Army reaches suburbs of Brest Brittany
- IBM dedicates the first program-controlled calculator, the Automatic Sequence Controlled Calculator (known best as the Harvard Mark I).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Time Waits For No One - Helen Forrest
- It Had To Be You - Betty Hutton
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?