Sunday 5 August 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 5, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Loni Anderson and Jacob Reitsma.
West of the Pecos, directed by Edward Killy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 August 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1945 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Loni Anderson: American actress, a lush and shapely blonde with a quality of great sweetness and a high IQ.
- Jacob Reitsma: Economist / Dutch MP (CDA).
- Jo Collins: Oregon, United States -- Playboy playmate (Dec, 1964).
- Valeria Ciangottini: Italian film, television and stage actress, chosen at fourteen years of age by Federico Fellini, after he noticed her at the exit of the school, for the role of Paola in "La Dolce Vita.
- Alan Mulally: Businessman.
- Csaba Giczy: Hungarian canoe racer.
- John Monks: English union leader and politician.
- Michel Pichon: French writer and illustrator.
- Atom Bomb dropped on Hiroshima (August 6th in Japan)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Can't You Read Between the Lines? - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Gotta be This or That - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra