Tuesday 22 August 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Hoffmann and Henk Veldhoen.
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Missus Goes A-Shopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 22 August 1944 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Henk Veldhoen: Biochemist / Dutch MP (PvdA).
- Peter Hoffmann: German opera singer, a tenor.
- Tom Leonard: Scottish poet, writer and critic.
- Roger Cashmore: English physicist and academic.
- Peter Hofmann: Czech-born German operatic tenor (Born 1944).
- Monta Mino: Japanese television host.
- Raymond Aimos: Actor (Golem, Mayerling, La Bandera), dies at 55.
- Last transport of French Jews to Nazi-Germany
- WWII: Tsushima Maru, a Japanese unmarked passenger/cargo ship, is sunk by torpedoes launched by the submarine USS Bowfin off Akuseki-jima, killing 1,484 civilians including 767 schoolchildren.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?