Thursday 3 August 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nino Bravo .
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Missus Goes A-Shopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1944!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1944 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Allied troops conquer Myitkyina Burma
- Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp gases 4,000 gypsies
- Lieutenant General Stilwells troops occupy Myitkyina Burma
- Tommy Brown, just 16 years and 8 months old, plays shortstop for Dodgers
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Time Waits for No One - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
- Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
- Merry Macs - Pretty Kitty Blue Eyes
- His Rocking Horse Ran Away - Betty Hutton
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?