Thursday 5 December 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 5, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include José Carreras and Andy Kim.
It's a Wonderful Life, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 December 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1946 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- José Carreras: Spanish operatic tenor, probably best known for his association with Luciano Pavarotti and Placido Domingo; in 1990 and 1994, the Three Tenors performed concerts which were watched worldwide by audiences of over two billion.
- Andy Kim: Canadian singer-songwriter.
- Jean-François Théodore: French businessman, the President, Chairman and CEO of Euronext N.V.
- Jose Carreras: Barcelona, Spain -- Opera tenor (I Lombardi, Three Tenors).
- Sarel van der Merwe: South African race car driver.
- Louis Dewis: Belgian post-impressionist painter (Born 1872).
- President Truman creates Committee on Civil Rights by Exec Order #9808
- US President Harry Truman creates Committee on Civil Rights by Executive Order #9808.