Saturday 5 July 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 5, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Giancarlo Magalli and Joe Brown.
Hoppy's Holiday, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Borden Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 July 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1947 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Giancarlo Magalli: Italian television writer and presenter.
- Joe Brown: TV Show Host.
- Todd Akin: American politician.
- Barefoot Boy with Cheek closes at Martin Beck NYC after 108 performances
- 54th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Margaret Osborne beat Doris Hart (62 64)
- Larry Doby signs a contract with the Cleveland Indians baseball team, becoming the first black player in the American League. (Jackie Robinson had broken the color barrier with the Brooklyn Dodgers in the National League 11 weeks earlier.)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tallahassee - Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters
- Smoke! Smoke! Smoke! (That Cigarette) - Tex Williams & The Western Caravan