Wednesday 9 July 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 9, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include OJ Simpson and Mark Jacobson.
Crossfire, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Musical Merry-Go-Round.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 July 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1947 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- OJ Simpson: American football player and actor.
- Mark Jacobson: American contemporary artist and sculptor known for his light, simple and bold lines.
- O Simpson: American professional football player with the Buffalo Bills for nine years, winner of the 1968 Heisman Trophy and holder of major NFL records.
- Orenthal Simpson: San Francisco sports Champions.
- Jerney Kaagman: Dutch singer (Earth, Wind & Fire).
- Haruomi Hosono: Japanese singer-songwriter bass player and producer (Yellow Magic Orchestra and Happy End).
- Patrick Wormald: English historian (d. 2004).
- Mitch Mitchell: English drummer (The Jimi Hendrix Experience) (Born 1947).
- O(renthal) J(ames) Simpson in San Francisco: California, USA; NFL running back (Buffalo Bills) / actor.
- Lucjan Zeligowski: Polish general (Born 1865).
- Spain votes for Franco monarchy
- The engagement of Britain's Princess Elizabeth to Lt. Philip Mountbatten is announced.