Friday 18 July 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 18, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Forbes and Kurt Mann.
Deep Valley, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Seaside Concert Parties.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 July 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1947 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Steve Forbes: American publishing executive who announced his first presidential candidacy in 1995, vowing a self-financed, multimillion dollar campaign to overtake his eight Republican rivals.
- Ayn Rumen: Brooklyn, New York -- Actress (Janet-McLean Stevenson Show).
- Kurt Mann: Roslyn, New York -- Actor (Bad Penny).
- Steven W Mahoney: Canadian politician.
- Ayn Rumen in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Janet - The McLean Stevenson Show).
- British seize Exodus 1947 ship of Jewish immigrants to Palestine
- King George VI signs Indian Independence Bill
- Tigers shut out Yanks 2-0, end 19 game win streak
- US begins administering Trust Territory of Pacific Islands
- US receives United Nations trusteeship over Pacific Islands.
- President Harry S. Truman signs the Presidential Succession Act into law which places the Speaker of the House and the Senate President Pro Tempore next in the line of succession after the United States Vice President.