Sunday 6 July 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 6, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Todd Akin and Richard Beckinsale.
Hoppy's Holiday, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Borden Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 July 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1947 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Todd Akin: Politician.
- Richard Beckinsale: Nottingham, England -- Actor (Porridge, Doing Time).
- Lance Clemons: American baseball player (d. 2008).
- The AK-47 goes into production in the Soviet Union.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tallahassee - Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters
- Smoke! Smoke! Smoke! (That Cigarette) - Tex Williams & The Western Caravan