Saturday 12 July 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 12, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wilko Johnson and Richard C McCarty.
Crossfire, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Musical Merry-Go-Round.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 July 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1947 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Wilko Johnson: English singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (Dr Feelgood and The Blockheads).
- Gareth Edwards: Welsh rugby union player.
- Richard C McCarty: American professor of psychology.
- Loren Coleman: American cryptozoologist author and academic.
- Richard McCarty: American psychologist and academic.
- Jimmie Lunceford: American saxophonist and bandleader (Born 1902).