Wednesday 5 November 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vivien Leigh and Friedrich Brauss.
The Farmer's Daughters, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 November 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1913!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1913 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Vivien Leigh: British actress born in India who became the first actress from England to receive the Oscar award for Best Actress, 1939.
- Friedrich Brauss: Germany Scientist.
- Guy Green: English-American director screenwriter and cinematographer (d. 2005).
- John McGiver: NYC, New York -- Actor (Patty Duke Show, Jimmy Stewart Show).
- King Otto of Bavaria is deposed by his cousin, Prince Regent Ludwig, who assumes the title Ludwig III.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sailing Down the Chesapeake Bay - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Peg O' My Heart - Charles Harrison