Saturday 6 April 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Brunet (paleontologist) and Pedro Armendariz Jr.
Terry and the Pirates, directed by James W. Horne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1940 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Michel Brunet (paleontologist)
- Anne Campbell: British Member of Parliament.
- Pedro Armendariz Jr: Mexican actor.
- Michel Brunet: French paleontologist and a professor at the Collège de France.
- Homero Aridjis: Mexican journalist author and poet.
- Pedro Armendáriz: Jr.
- Andres Isasi: Composer, dies at 49.