Friday 6 December 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Flajolet and Guy Mansfield.
Till the Clouds Roll By, directed by Richard Whorf, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The King's General by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Teen-Age Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 December 1946 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- André Flajolet
- Guy Mansfield: American noted family, the son of Jacqueline Susann and her husband Irving Mansfield.
- Frankie Beverly: American singer-songwriter and producer (Maze).
- Willy van der Kuijlen: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Maximilian Oseyevich Shteynberg: Composer, dies at 63.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?