Thursday 6 January 1916, Epiphany
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 6, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philip Bezanson and Eugene T Maleska.
Old Heidelberg, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1916!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1916 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1916 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- When You're in Love with Someone Who is Not in Love with You - Henry Burr & Helen Clark
- I Think We've Got Another Washington (Wilson is His Name) - Peerless Quartet
- Noche Serena (Calm Night) - Emilio DeGogorza
- America, I Love You - Sam Ash
- They Didn't Believe Me - Walter Van Brunt & Gladys Rice