Thursday 6 January 1916, Epiphany
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philip Bezanson and Eugene T Maleska.
The Green-Eyed Monster, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while When a Man's a Man by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching FoxyTv (1916 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1916!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 6 January 1916 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Back Home in Tennessee - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?