Sunday 6 January 1924, Epiphany
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Earl Scruggs and Nelson Paillou.
Der Mann mit der eisernen Maske, directed by Max Glass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while So Big by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching From Sparks: Flames (1924 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1924!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 6 January 1924 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Earl Scruggs: American banjo player (Flatt and Scruggs) (d. 2012).
- Nelson Paillou: French educator, a literature professor 1950-68.
- Earl Scruggs in North Carolina: USA; bluegrass musician (Flatt and Scruggs - "Ballad of Jed Clampett", "Rocky Top").
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Charleston - Arthur Gibbs & His Gang
- Love Sends a Little Gift of Roses - John McCormack
- In a Covered Wagon with You - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?