Sunday 6 January 1924, Epiphany
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 6, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Earl Scruggs and Nelson Paillou.
The Extra Girl, directed by F. Richard Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1924 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Earl Scruggs: American banjo player (Flatt and Scruggs) (d. 2012).
- Nelson Paillou: French educator, a literature professor 1950-68.
- Earl Scruggs in North Carolina: USA; bluegrass musician (Flatt and Scruggs - "Ballad of Jed Clampett", "Rocky Top").
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- In a Covered Wagon with You - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- Charleston - Arthur Gibbs & His Gang
- John McCormack - Love Sends a Little Gift of Roses