Monday 6 June 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Super 8, directed by J.J. Abrams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Love Your Garden.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Batman: Arkham City Lockdown or Dragon Fantasy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 6 June 2011 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 June
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Rebels retake the town of Yafran in the west of the country. (''al Jazeera'')
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- At least 120 members of the Syrian security forces are killed in clashes in the northern town of Jisr al-Shughour, according to state media. (Syrian Arab News Agency)
- Syrian blogger Amina Abdallah is kidnapped by armed men in Damascus. (''The Guardian'')
- 2011 Bahraini protests: Medical staff who treated anti-government demonstrators are charged with attempting to overthrow the monarchy. (Al Jazeera)
- Two United States drone missiles kill 14 people in Pakistani Taliban compounds near Wana in South Waziristan. (AAP via ''Herald Sun'')
- 2011 Yemeni uprising: Armed men affiliated with al-Qaeda kill seven soldiers and injure 12 others near the city of Zinjibar. (Reuters)
- Shooting takes place in Kaduqli in Sudan's South Kordofan state, where armed groups allied to South Sudan are based. (Reuters)
- 2011 Xilinhot incident
- Around 100 people are detained after ethnic unrest in the Inner Mongolia region of China. (''Hong Kong Standard'')
- North Korea is to establish a special economic zone on two islands close to the Chinese border. (''Straits Times'')
- Bloomberg reports Italian company Prada SpA is planning an initial public offering for the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. (Bloomberg)
- The Tokyo Metropolitan Government changes working hours of its staff in order to conserve energy from the shortages caused by the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- Hacker group Lulz Security claims to have again compromised Sony's online security system and posted the results online. (Reuters)
- Apple Inc. launches its new iCloud service at the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- At least 21 people die as two coal mines in the People's Republic of China flood. (AFP via ''Inquirer'')
- Test results will confirm whether the German ''E. Coli'' outbreak came from vegetable sprouts grown in the Uelzen area. (Sky News)
- Residents of three Western United States towns - Springerville, Arizona, Eagar, Arizona and Luna, New Mexico - are warned to prepare for evacuation ahead of the Wallow Fire. one of the biggest in Arizona history. (''Arizona Daily Star'')
- At least seventeen people are dead and another 15 remain missing after a speedboat sinks in Banjarmasin, the capital of the Indonesian province of South Kalimantan. (''Jakarta Post'')
- A European Union delegation visits North Korea to investigate claims of food shortages. (Yonhap News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?