Wednesday 22 June 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 22, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Eating Out: Drama Camp, directed by Q. Allan Brocka, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Seal Team Six by Howard E. Wasdin and Stephen Templin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Necessary Roughness.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Achron or DC Universe Online.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 June 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 22 June 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 June
- 2011 Bahraini uprising: The Bahraini government sentences 10 pro-democracy activists to life in prison for their role in the uprising. (BBC)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Denmark officially recognizes the National Transitional Council of Libya as the ampquotsole legitimate representative of the Libyan peopleampquot in the current transition period. (Berlingske)
- Philippine Army soldiers capture five suspected members of the terrorist group Abu Sayyaf in a raid on Basilan Island. (AP via ''The Guardian'')
- A photographer is shot during violence in east Belfast in Northern Ireland. (BBC)
- The President of the United States Barack Obama announces that 33,000 US troops will be withdrawn from the War in Afghanistan by the northern summer of 2012. (CNN)
- U.S. country music singer Glen Campbell is diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. (BBC)
- Art experts conclude that a Vincent van Gogh painting previously believed to be a self-portrait is in fact a portrait of van Gogh's brother, Theo. (BBC)
- Indigenous Australian Kim Scott wins the Miles Franklin Literary Award for his book ''That Deadman Dance''. (ABC News Australia)
- 2010–2011 Greek protests: Nationwide protests continue as Prime Minister of Greece George Papandreou attempts to pass new cuts in public spending. (BBC)
- Rolls-Royce and Qantas announce an out-of-court settlement of their dispute over an Airbus engine explosion over Indonesia in November 2010. (Reuters)
- Flights resume in southeast Australia as the volcanic ash cloud from the 2011 Puyehue-Cordón Caulle eruption clears although flights to Tasmania and New Zealand are still affected. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Officials from the People's Republic of China warn that the 2011 China floods will have a negative impact on food prices. (Yonhap News)
- The death toll from RusAir Flight 9605 in Petrozavodsk, Russia, rises to 45. (RIA Novosti)
- A tornado touches down in the US city of Louisville, Kentucky near the University of Louisville Belknap campus, damaging some buildings at the Churchill Downs horse racing track. (''The Courier-Journal'')
- Indonesia bans its domestic servants from working in Saudi Arabia following the execution of a maid who was beheaded with a sword. (BBC)
- South Korea announces that it will build a new resettlement centre for refugees from North Korea. (AFP via Channel News Asia)
- President of Sudan Omar al-Bashir threatens to cut off pipelines carrying Southern Sudanese petroleum (oil) on July 1 unless a deal is done. (BBC)
- Chinese artist and dissident Ai Weiwei is freed on bail. Under the terms of his bail agreement, he is not permitted to disclose the reason for his arrest and detention. (''China Daily'')
- Ireland is sued for compensation over a measles vaccination that caused serious brain injury. (RTÉ)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Hustle Hard - Ace Hood
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
Top #10 Latin songs
- You - Romeo Santos
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Prometi - Intocable
- El Ardido - Larry Hernandez
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Ven Conmigo - Daddy Yankee Featuring Prince Royce
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- Adolescents - Incubus
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- Rip Tide - Sick Puppies
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.90
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $102.49
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $85.27
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $35.32
- 1 CHF = 7.6957 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6347 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8611 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.832 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?