Friday 17 June 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 17, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Albatross, directed by Niall MacCormick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Area 51 by Annie Jacobsen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Division.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cooking Mama 4: Kitchen Magic or The Cursed Crusade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 17 June 2011 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 June
- The Yonhap news agency reports that South Korea has deployed precision-guided missiles capable of hitting the North Korean capital, Pyongyang. (Yonhap News)
- Reuters quotes commodities traders who have observed in recent months that ampquotviolent, often inexplicable price movesampquot are becoming a good deal more common, especially in energy commodities such as natural gas. (Reuters)
- More than 16,000 people remain isolated and 3,350 are waiting to return to their homes due to continued flooding on the Mid North Coast of the Australian state of New South Wales. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The U.N. Human Rights Council issues its first condemnation of discrimination against gays, lesbians and transgender people. (AP via Forbes)
- An internal Chinese government report, mistakenly made public, shows that more than ten thousand corrupt officials transferred US$123 billion worth of embezzled funds out of the country over 15 years. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Danny Alexander, the Chief Secretary to the Treasury of the United Kingdom, announces that the retirement age for British civil servants will be increased to 66, with the exception of the police, armed forces and fire service. (Sky News)
- King of Morocco Mohammed VI announces constitutional reforms with a referendum to be held on July 1. (Al-Jazeera)
- The head coach of the South Korean marathon team is under investigation for alleged doping of his athletes, including an Asian Games gold medallist. (Yonhap)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Hustle Hard - Ace Hood
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
Top #10 Latin songs
- You - Romeo Santos
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- El Ardido - Larry Hernandez
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Prometi - Intocable
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- Adolescents - Incubus
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Rip Tide - Sick Puppies
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.90
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $99.79
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $84.99
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $35.22
- 1 CHF = 7.6263 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.61 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8662 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.875 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?