Sunday 12 June 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 12, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Bernie, directed by Richard Linklater, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Division.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ABBA: You Can Dance or Code_18.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 June 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 12 June 2011 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 June
- Arab Spring: Thousands of Syrians flee to Turkey as Syrian troops lay siege to Jisr ash-Shugur.
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- 2011 Iranian protests:
- Iranian authorities disperse and arrest protesters in the capital Tehran marking the second anniversary of the re-election of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as President. (AFP via Google News)
- A second opposition activist and journalist on hunger strike dies in prison. (CBC)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Fighting erupts in the west of the country, as rebels attempt to take more towns from forces loyal to Muammar Gaddafi. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Yemeni uprising:
- Talks to end the political crisis in the country fail as the deputy to wounded President Ali Abdullah Saleh refuses to speak to those demanding he cede power. (Reuters)
- Clashes between Islamist militants and government forces kill 40 in southern Yemen. (Arirang News)
- The International Monetary Fund is hit by a major cyber attack. (''The Telegraph'')
- A bomb is detonated outside a local government headquarters in Tianjin, northeastern China. This is the third explosion outside government facilities in three weeks. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- The leaders of the Southern African Development Community, the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa, and the East African Community signed an agreement in South Africa to develop a joint free trade bloc to stretch from Cape Town to Cairo, to encompass 26 countries. (''Business Week'')
- Ash clouds from the erupting Puyehue-Cordon Caulle in Chile disrupt and cancel international flights, leaving thousands stranded. (''Financial Times'')
- Over 600 people are poisoned by lead in Zhejiang, eastern China. (''Indian Express'')
- A series of moderate magnitude 4-5 earthquakes hit eastern Eritrea, preceding reports of a possible volcanic eruption. (''Earthquake Report'')
- Italian MEP and diplomat Mario Borghezio is expelled and given a bloody nose during an attempt to access the Suvretta House luxury hotel hosting the Bilderberg Group's secretive annual conference in the Swiss resort of St. Moritz. (''Business Insider'')
- The United Nations Security Council reports that Iran is buying foreign banks and money-exchange bureaus to sidestep economic sanctions. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Indian activist Swami Ramdev ends a hunger strike against corruption. (''Times of India'')
- A second nationwide strike takes place in Bangladesh over changes to the electoral system. (''Straits Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Racks - YC Featuring Future
- Hustle Hard - Ace Hood
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
Top #10 Latin songs
- You - Romeo Santos
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Contestame El Telefono - Alexis & Fido Featuring Flex
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- El Ardido - Larry Hernandez
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- Adolescents - Incubus
- Rip Tide - Sick Puppies
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?