Monday 20 June 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 20, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Eating Out: Drama Camp, directed by Q. Allan Brocka, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Sixth Man by David Baldacci was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Necessary Roughness.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing CityVille Hometown or Dino D-Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 June 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 20 June 2011 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 June
- Arab Spring:
- Tunisian revolution: Ousted former President of Tunisia Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali and his wife are sentenced to 35 years in prison for misappropriating public funds, with the trial held in absentia. (BBC)
- 2011 Yemeni uprising: The regime says it has made progress in its fight against rebels holding the city of Zinjibar. (Reuters via ''The Irish Times'')
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Libyan officials say NATO airstrikes on Tripoli kill 15 civilians, including children this is the second claimed collateral damage incident in two days, with NATO blaming a ampquotweapons failureampquot for the first attack. (BBC)
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- President of Syria Bashar al-Assad is due to make a speech about ampquotcurrent circumstancesampquot in Syria. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Bashar al-Assad's speech fails to please the people as nationwide protests against his regime continue. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Spanish protests: The ampquotindignadosampquot launch protest marches intended to culminate in a major rally in Madrid on 24 July. (RTÉ)
- Sudan and South Sudan sign a pact to demilitarise the disputed Abyei region and to permit the presence of Ethiopian peacekeeping forces. (Al Jazeera)
- Two suspected militants are killed in Khar Dand in Pakistan as a result of a drone attack. (AP via WVEC)
- Masked men in camouflage gear attack homes in the mainly nationalist Short Strand area of East Belfast, with pipe bombs and Molotov cocktails being thrown. (BBC)
- General Walter L. Sharp, the Commander of United States Forces Korea, warns that North Korea is likely to launch more attacks but states that US and South Korean forces are prepared. (AFP via Inquirer)
- Nepal experiences its first lesbian wedding ceremony as a lawyer and a college professor tie the knot. (BBC)
- The Anglican Church in the United Kingdom considers guidelines allowing openly homosexual clergy to become bishops. (AFP via Google News)
- London Assembly Member Jenny Jones urges Westminster Council to consider a blue plaque for veteran peace campaigner Brian Haw following his recent death at the age of 62. (BBC)
- American ''Jackass'' star Ryan Dunn dies in a high-speed accident on U.S. Route 322 in West Goshen Township, Pennsylvania. (NBC Philadelphia)
- European sovereign debt crisis:
- Eurozone finance ministers agree to seek a voluntary rollover of Greek debt by private bondholders in order to meet a substantial part of Greek funding needs. (Reuters)
- Eurozone finance ministers postpone a final decision on Greece's $17 billion emergency loans extension until Greece introduces further cuts. (Al Jazeera)
- British Labour MP and former foreign secretary Jack Straw says the eurozone ampquotwill collapseampquot and that the euro will succumb to a ampquotslow deathampquot. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Hustle Hard - Ace Hood
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
Top #10 Latin songs
- You - Romeo Santos
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Prometi - Intocable
- El Ardido - Larry Hernandez
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Ven Conmigo - Daddy Yankee Featuring Prince Royce
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- Adolescents - Incubus
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- Rip Tide - Sick Puppies
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.45
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $99.86
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $84.36
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $34.79
- 1 CHF = 7.6555 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6097 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8632 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.851 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?