Tuesday 6 May 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Beaussant and Kjell Bækkelund.
Born Reckless, directed by Andrew Bennison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Exile by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1930 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Philippe Beaussant: French musicologist and novelist, an expert on French baroque music, on which he has published widely.
- Kjell Bækkelund: Norwegian classical pianist, born in Oslo.
- David Carpenter: American homicide, leaving the California parks in terror after a trail of rape, robbery and murder with victims shot and stabbed, a series of macabre murders.
- Mordechai Gur: Israeli politician and the 10th Chief of Staff of the Israel Defense Forces.
- Guy Piau: French senior official and freemason, Director of hospitals and Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of France.
- Sonia Rykiel: French fashion designer
- The Great Salmas Earthquake in Iran (7.3 on the Richter Scale) kills 4,000 people.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?