Friday 6 June 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 6, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Englund and David Blunkett.
Living in a Big Way, directed by Gregory La Cava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1947 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Robert Englund: American actor, a character player onscreen in small roles from the mid-'70s.
- David Blunkett: British politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Jean-Claude Fruteau
- Joel Fisher: American artis and sculptor.
- Keith Williams: American homicide, convicted of the murder of three people in 1979 and spending more than 17 years on death row in prison.
- Laurie Anderson: Musician.
- Ada Kok: Dutch swimmer.
- David Hare: Playwright.
- Marion Coakes: England, United Kingdom -- Equestrian show jumper (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Terry Williams: Rocker (First Edition).
- Treaty drawn for establishment of International Patent Institute