Monday 7 April 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Claude Ellena and Michèle Torr.
This Happy Breed, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Moneyman by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1947 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Jean-Claude Ellena: French perfumer or "nose.
- Michèle Torr: French singer and author, best known in non-Francophone countries for her participation in the Eurovision Song Contests of 1966 and 1977.
- Patricia Bennett: American singer (The Chiffons).
- Florian Schneider: German singer and drummer (Kraftwerk and Organisation).
- Eliseo Soriano: Filipino minister and television host.
- Henry Ford: American auto entrepreneur, father of the Model T and initiator of mass production with his automobiles.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Art Lund - Mam'selle
- My Adobe Hacienda - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- Heartaches - Harry James & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?