Monday 7 April 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 7, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michèle Torr and Florian Schneider.
New Orleans, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 April 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1947 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Michèle Torr: French singer and author, best known in non-Francophone countries for her participation in the Eurovision Song Contests of 1966 and 1977.
- Florian Schneider: German singer and drummer (Kraftwerk and Organisation).
- John Ratzenberger: Actor.
- Jean-Claude Ellena: French perfumer or "nose.
- Patricia Bennett: American singer (The Chiffons).
- Eliseo Soriano: Filipino minister and television host.
- Henry Ford: American auto entrepreneur, father of the Model T and initiator of mass production with his automobiles.