Tuesday 18 January 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Giddens and Curtis Flood.
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Northwest Passage by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1938 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Anthony Giddens: British sociologist.
- Curtis Flood: American athlete, a major league baseball player.
- Curt Flood: American baseball player (centerfielder, Saint Louis Cardinals), at age 59 of throat cancer (born 1938).
- Werner Olk: German footballer and manager.
- Pitcher Grover Cleveland Alexander is elected to the Hall of Fame.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?