Tuesday 7 April 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edda Barends and Garry Armstrong.
Jungle Book, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while And Now Tomorrow by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1942 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Edda Barends: Actress (Arthur & Eva).
- Garry Armstrong: American journalist, television newscaster in Boston, MA.
- Jean-Louis Prat: French curator who was director from 1969 to 2004 of The Maeght Foundation ('Fondation Maeght'), a museum of modern art situated in Saint-Paul de Vence in the south-east of France about 25km from Nice.
- Jeetendra : Indian actor and producer.
- Nam Gi-nam: South Korean director and screenwriter.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?