Sunday 7 June 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Muammar al-Gaddafi and Patrick Le Lay.
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1942 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Muammar al-Gaddafi: Leader and Guide of the Revolution of Libya.
- Patrick Le Lay: French business leader, a former CEO of TF1.
- Muammar Gaddafi: World Leader.
- Charles Boutin: American lawyer and politician.
- Alan Blumlein: English electronics engineer, notable for his many inventions in telecommunications, sound recording, stereo, television and radar.
- Battle of Midway ends: Admiral Nimitz wins 1st WWII naval defeat of Japan
- Germany Armys march into Sebastopol
- Japanese troops lands on Attu, Aleutian Islands
- Japan invades Alaska's Aleutian islands.
- Losses at the Battle of Midway: US forces: 307 men, one aircraft carrier, one destroyer, 150 planes; Japanese forces: 2500-3500 men, 4 aircraft carriers, one cruiser, 322 planes.
- World War II: Japanese soldiers occupy the American islands of Attu and Kiska, in the Aleutian Islands off Alaska.
- (morning) The US aircraft carrier Yorktown sinks near Midway Island.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?